–Ludwig Van Beethoven
Successful musicians do more than play and write music. They have the business savvy to treat their musical passions with business gloves. Unfortunately, many musicians find themselves a victim of bad business… no matter how great the music is. Successful bands who have endured surround themselves with professionals to take care of the business aspects of making music, freeing up time & energy to focus on making music.
You hire a manager to give career guideance.
You hire a booking agent to get the gigs.
You need a business manager for financial and business matters.
Here is a list of service I provide for bands & artists:
- Accounting – Deposit earnings, pay bills, process payroll, file taxes and other accounting services, even when you are on the road
- Inventory Control – Make sure you don’t run out of merch to sell at your concerts!
- Financial & Business Planning – It’s easy to spend all your gig money on gear and meals. But with careful planning, you can pay cash for your next recording or buy a van. I’ll help you develop a strategy for saving money and achieving your long-term goals.
- Web Design – If you don’t have a web site to stay in touch with your fans, you are already behind your competition. I can build a site that matches your bands character and keeps you in contact with your fan base.
- Web Maintenance – More often than not, bands are so busy playing music that their web site gets neglected. An out of date web site is as bad as a poor quality CD.
Music has always been a passion for me. I have been involved with concert promotion and artist management since the 1985, both for my own company (JIL Ministries) and as a member of other firms. I’ve worked with hundres of artists, from national touring acts to local independant artists. I look forward to working with you as part of your business management team.